In this section
Information on clinical support available
Care Home Support Team
The Care Home Support Team is an integrated team comprised of senior healthcare professionals with a variety of expertise:
- Service Manager (Adult and Mental Health Nurse)
- Occupational Therapist
- Senior registered Nurses, some of whom specialise in End of Life Care.
The team is a multi-disciplinary team, who works in an integrated way with the locality teams across Sutton.
There are two distinct elements to the service:
- End of Life Care
- Liaison service
LD Health team
The CHT is a specialist health team for adults with a learning disability in Sutton. The Team is employed by LBS, and is part of the All Age Learning Disability Service. The service is funded by Sutton CCG.
Eligibility Criteria – The CHT is funded to provide secondary healthcare where mainstream health services cannot meet the need to Adults (18YA), who have recognised Learning Disability, (not learning difficulties), and who have a Sutton GP. We promote a person centred approach and wish to see the quality of life for this population improve
The CHT employs a range of health professionals. LD Community Nursing, LD Psychology; Behavioural Specialist; LD Physiotherapy; LD Speech & Language Therapy; and Creative Therapy (Drama and Music).
As well as providing individual therapeutic interventions, we work closely with carers, families and other health and social care providers. We also do a lot of signposting to assist PLD and their carers to access, and find the right health services to meet their needs.
Alternatively please call 02087706291
NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do.
Get help online or on the phone
To get help from NHS 111, you can:
- go to 111.nhs.uk (for people aged 5 and over only)
- call 111
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you are calling from a Care Home, use 111*6, a dedicated phone line for care homes to have fast access to advice from a clinician. You will be transferred to a GP, or receive a call back within 20 minutes.
Please download this Poster to display in your care home and ensure staff are aware.
End of Life Care
Sutton Palliative Care Coordination Care (PCC) Hub
Supporting people to live well to the end, the Palliative Care Coordination Care (PCC) Hub provides support to patients, families and carers, to help you to live well, or support your loved ones to live well, during the last stages of life.
We also provide clinical support to health and other professionals through conversation and/or interventions, and signpost to relevant services.
Our dedicated team, made up of palliative care nurses, specially trained care co-ordinators, a carers co-ordinator and a social worker, facilitate improved end of life care for all residents in Sutton. We do this by:
- Providing a single point of access delivering care co-ordination and communication for professionals, individuals, families and carers
- Supporting you to create an advance care plan and Co-ordinate My Care (CMC) record. This means anyone involved in your care will know how you wish to be cared for and your preferred place of care
- Providing a clinical and holistic assessment of your needs and co-ordinating the onward referrals into other services that you might require
- Facilitating early hospital discharge where possible in the event that you need to be admitted to hospital
- Enabling you to be cared for in the place of your choice where possible when receiving palliative and end of life care
- Working with voluntary sector partners such as Sutton Carers Centre, Age UK Sutton and Advice Link Partnership Sutton so we can help you receive social and voluntary services support if you need them.
Access to Services for Care Homes in Sutton
Clinical Leads for care homes
The Care Home Support Team telephone and triage all care homes on a weekly basis. The lead GP for each care home undertakes a weekly care home round, prioritising residents for review based on clinical need and care home advice. A care home pharmacist and members of the Care Home Support Team provide additional input into structured medication reviews and personalised care plans for the residents via a multidisciplinary approach.
Page last updated on November 16th, 2020 at 11:52am