Help for adults being abused

In this section

Help for adults being abused

Get help

  • If you are being abused or know someone who is at risk of being abused, contact us about your concerns.
  • If the danger is immediate, contact the police or emergency services on 999.

Report a safeguarding concern

If you are concerned about the safety or welfare of an adult then please report a safeguarding concern.

Report a safeguarding concern

It’s not your fault

Remember, if you’re being abused, it’s not your fault. Don’t worry about telling others if you think you’re being abused – it’s important you get help. If you want, you can ask someone else to contact us on your behalf. Your call can remain anonymous and everything you say will be kept confidential.

What happens once you’ve contacted us?

We’ll talk to you as soon as possible. We’ll usually ask your permission – or the permission of the vulnerable person you’re worried about – before we do anything, or share any information about the situation with other people.

(The only exceptions to this are in situations where others may also be at risk of abuse, or if the person is not able to make their own decisions because of a lack of mental capacity.)

Police contacts (non emergencies)

Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults

Page last updated on November 13th, 2020 at 1:50pm

Conversation icon

Keep up to date

Subscribe to the Sutton Care Bulletin for regular updates on the big news and latest guidance from the Sutton Care Hub.