Training and development: Foundations of Palliative Care for registered healthcare professionals
09 November @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
St Raphael’s Hospice is running palliative care foundation courses for registered healthcare professionals.
The Foundations of Palliative Care is running 21 and 22 June and 8 and 9 November, and is aimed at/suitable for registered nurses, nursing associates and paramedics.
- What is Palliative care & What is Hospice Care
- Advance Care Planning
- Symptom control
- Priorities of care for the dying
- Non-pharmacological interventions for symptom control
- Registered Nurse/HCP Verification of Expected Adult Death (simulated learning)
- Syringe pumps and Saf-T Intimas: practical workshop
A light breakfast, lunch and refreshments are included throughout the day. All attendees will receive a certificate that can be used towards revalidation, CPD and appraisal.