LB Sutton re-launches its commitment for provider forums
Commissioners hosted two provider forums in May. The first was held for providers of Older People care home services on 19th May and the second for providers of Learning Disability […]
Commissioners hosted two provider forums in May. The first was held for providers of Older People care home services on 19th May and the second for providers of Learning Disability care home services on 26th May 2021.
Both of the Forums were held virtually and we were pleased to see a large number of Providers were able to attend. The forums covered a wide variety of topics, including:
- Lessons learned from COVID infections and outbreaks, led by the Sutton Public Health team.
- COVID vaccination programme and clinical support, led by Sutton Primary Care Networks.
- Sutton Care Hub, Job Portal, Care Matters and the Sutton Care Bulletin, led by Sutton Commissioning & Health Integration team.
- Digital integration to support care home residents, led by SW London CCG.
- COVID Experience care homes project, led by Healthwatch Sutton
- Q&A led by Providers
The purpose of the Forums are to encourage a more strategic, inclusive and consistent relationship between Commissioners and Providers. The Forums provide a framework for future working relationships geared to delivering the services that the residents and their families of Sutton need.
The Forums will provide a regular opportunity for Providers of care home services to meet with Commissioners, in particular to:
- To consult, and when appropriate negotiate, on specific issues relating to the sector.
- To share information on matters of joint interest, in particular new policy and service developments.
- To consult on specific issues affecting the provision and purchasing of services.
- To share and disseminate views widely.
- To raise relevant issues of concern and have a meaningful, open and honest discussion about them.
- To seek for these Forum to be a regular consultative group for issues pertaining to the commissioning, or provision of services.
- To actively work together to improve services to the residents of Sutton.
The Forums will take place quarterly and will be supported by Commissioners from LBS. The Forums will create sub-groups as agreed to look at specific areas in more detail. All of the dates can be found in the calendar on the Sutton Care Hub
The next Forums are 21st July (OP Care Homes) and 28th July (LD Care Homes), both between 2.00pm and 4.00pm. We look forward to seeing you then