- This event has passed.
Infection Prevention and Control: Protecting yourself and the people you care for
19 February @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
One event on 17 February, 2021 at 2:00 pm
One event on 19 February, 2021 at 2:00 pm
We know that great progress is being made vaccinating vulnerable people and care staff against COVID 19, but the risk of infection remains and the new variant of COVID potentially increases the risk as infection is spread more easily. The Department of Health and Social Care and the Better Care Fund team are hosting three webinars focusing on Infection Prevention and Control during the week beginning 15th February and invite you to join us to ask questions and remind yourselves of the important things to do to keep yourself and the people you care for safe.
- Learn about risk factors and best practice for Infection Prevention and Control
- Share practice, learning and ideas
- Be able to ask questions and hear from experts, including care home providers
The webinars are open to all, but they are aimed primarily at care staff involved in infection prevention and control in care homes and in the community.
You will hear from Deborah Sturdy, Chief Nurse in the Department of Health and Social Care, Rian Gleave, Regional Assurance Lead for Yorkshire & Humber (DHSC), and Lizzie Hancock, Care Manager, Fulford Nursing Homes
As well as the speakers, a panel of experts put together to answer your questions include Liz Jones, Policy Director at the National Care Forum, Emma Self, NHSE lead for Enhanced Health in Care Homes and a representative from Public Health England.
A short animation developed by Roots and Wings will also be shown.
Booking and joining information
To register for:
- Infection Prevention and Control: Protecting yourself and the people you care for, Monday 15 February 2021, 2:30-3:30pm – click here
- Infection Prevention and Control: Protecting yourself and the people you care for, Wednesday 17 February, 2-3pm – click here
- Infection Prevention and Control: Protecting yourself and the people you care for, Friday 19 February, 2-3pm – click here
Ticket sales will close an hour before the event starts.
- Please make sure you book your ticket with the same email address you use for Microsoft Teams Live as we will use this address to send you the slides and and follow up informtion after the event.
- Please also make sure you are registered to use Microsoft Teams Live before the event.
The event is free to join. For any questions, please contact email@example.com