Care Matters: Friday 24 June 2022
Goodwill Payment Update, Adult Social Care Workforce Data, Sutton Information Hub 'show and tell' registration, Capacity Tracker Training Sessions and more. Please share.
Goodwill Payment Update, Adult Social Care Workforce Data, Sutton Information Hub ‘show and tell’ registration, Capacity Tracker Training Sessions and more. Please share.
- Goodwill Payments Update
- Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS)
- Sutton Information Hub ‘show and tell’ registration sessions
- Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT)
- Capacity Tracker Training Sessions
- A Carers Guide to Home Fire Safety
- Latest Guidance
- Training and Development
- Training and development: Foundations of Palliative Care for registered healthcare professionals
- Guidance changes – Help from London Borough of Sutton Public Health team
- Webinars and Training
- Sutton Care Hub Job Portal
Goodwill Payments Update (Deadline Extension)
Sutton Council has extended the deadline for using the money on the Goodwill prepayment cards that have been issued.
The new deadline is Midnight on Wednesday 29th June 2022. After this date you will not be able to spend any remaining money on the card as the balance of all cards will be returned to the Department of Health and Social Care.
Carers who are experiencing difficulties activating the card should contact Allpay Customer Services for advice:
Call: 0330 808 0102
Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS)
Please ensure your service has an account and is completing the below data set.
The Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS) is the online data collection service managed by Skills for Care on behalf of the Department for Health and Social Care.
We’re really keen to encourage more private, voluntary and independent sector organisations to sign up to this and provide information about their service and workforce so that the information we’re able to provide to the government (to support their decisions around policy and funding) and to local authorities (to support workforce planning and market shaping) is of as high quality as possible.
There are a number of benefits to organisations of having an account, including:
- Being able to access our Workforce Development Funding (WDF) which allows them claim money for staff development (we can fund qualifications such as the Diplomas in Health & Social Care, as well as leadership programmes and digital learning modules for registered managers)
- Discounts on Skills for Care products and seminars
- Having a free tool to store and manage training records
There’s a wider sector benefit too, as all the data contributes to the overall understanding of the social care workforce. The data from the ASC-WDS has been used to inform a number of key national decisions and opinions (such as the recent decision to add care workers to the shortage occupation list).
Sutton Information Hub ‘show and tell’ and registration sessions
The Council is hosting online information sessions for community groups, providers and support groups, to help them get acquainted with the Sutton Information Hub, and get help registering on the site.
The sessions will help community groups and organisations get to know a bit more about the Sutton Information Hub, how it will be used and by whom, and get support to help get registered.
Each session has been tailored to a specific audience:
- Care Leavers Local Offer (services and activities for Care Leavers and Looked After Children)
- Family information services (services and activities for children, young people and families)
- Home care/care home providers
- SEND Local Offer (services and activities for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and their Parents and Carers)
- Voluntary sector (all charitable, voluntary and community groups)
Sessions start on the 27 June.
We want as many people to register on the site as possible, so if you know of a service, community group, ‘one-man-band’, charity or other organisation that provides services for our residents, please share our news story and the Eventbrite link so that they they can sign up for a session – go to Eventbrite to see what’s available https://bit.ly/3zrQpdN
There will also be an in person drop in session at the Sutton Civic offices on Wednesday 29 June at 6pm, if anyone is unable to attend an online event.
Please check out our Eventbrite page and find the session that it right for you, or your organisation.
Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT)
Remember to republish your Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT): If you are currently at DSPT Standards Met 2020/2021 or DSPT Approaching Standards 2020/2021, you will need to republish the Toolkit before 30 June 2022 to maintain DSPT compliance. If you have not published the DSPT or need support to republish, there is support available on the Digital Social Care website here
Capacity Tracker Training Sessions
There will be Capacity Tracker Provider training sessions running across the end of June and July for Care Homes and Homecare staff new to the Capacity Tracker or needing a refresh of the system. Please share this with your wider network.
The sessions will be on the following dates at 2pm:
- 28th June (Care Homes) – Click here to join
- 30th June (Home Care) – Click here to join
- 12th July (Care Homes) – Click here to join
- 14th July (Home Care – Click here to join
Please take a look at the new updates that have been made to the following on the GOV.UK website (updates given on 27/05/2022).
Information and advice for health and care professionals:
PPE use for aerosol generating procedures:
A Carers Guide to Home Fire Safety
Learn how to keep people that receive care safe from fire.
A formal video is now available for carers on the LFB website. Those who wish to view this video will have to input some basic information in order to gain access to it.
What you will learn:
- How to recognise people who are at risk of having a fire
- Identify key high risk factors
- Show what actions can reduce these risks
- Describe what to do in the event of a fire
Please assist and share this link with your teams to complete.
Please click here
The latest guidance has been published about COVID-19 testing for ASC services. Please click the link below to go to the GOV.UK webpage.
For all the latest guidance on the Carehub regarding COVID-19, please click here to view the updated pages regarding;
- Outbreak Management
- Infection Prevention and Control
Training and Development
Training and development: Foundations of Palliative Care for registered healthcare professionals
St Raphael’s Hospice is running palliative care foundation courses for registered healthcare professionals.
The Foundations of Palliative Care is running 21 and 22 June and 8 and 9 November, and is aimed at/suitable for registered nurses, nursing associates and paramedics.
- What is Palliative care & What is Hospice Care
- Advance Care Planning
- Symptom control
- Priorities of care for the dying
- Non-pharmacological interventions for symptom control
- Registered Nurse/HCP Verification of Expected Adult Death (simulated learning)
- Syringe pumps and Saf-T Intimas: practical workshop
A light breakfast, lunch and refreshments are included throughout the day. All attendees will receive a certificate that can be used towards revalidation, CPD and appraisal.
Guidance changes? Help from London Borough of Sutton Public Health team
There have been a number of changes in guidance over the recent weeks. If you need any help or advice on the changes please contact the London Borough of Sutton Public health team. Drop them an email email@example.com
Webinars and training
Join senior IPC nurses to learn more about general infection prevention and control training including: MRSA, Tuberculosis, diarrhoea, rashes, wound care, specimen taking, head lice, scabies, respiratory infections, including COVID-19, staff health and more.
Weekly Information Sharing FAQs webinar
The COVID-19 pandemic remains an extremely challenging situation globally and we recognise that this is the case for staff working in Care Homes of all types. We are continuing the weekly Infection Prevention and Control and Information Sharing webinar Tuesday mornings at 11:00am.
+44 20 3880 0300 United Kingdom, London (Toll)
Conference ID: 855 305 74#
Weekly Capacity Tracker webinar
Capacity Tracker Webinars for Care Homes are taking place at 2:00pm every Friday.
Click here to join the meeting on your computer or mobile app Or call in (audio only) on +44 20 3794 0272 Phone Conference ID: 311 948 485#
Sutton Care Hub Job Portal
To support Sutton’s care providers to recruit the best staff for all positions from management, to clinical staff, carers and administrative support, we have created the Sutton Care Hub Job Portal.
Subscribe to the Sutton Care Bulletin!
The Sutton Care Bulletin features a round up of good news stories and successes from across Sutton’s care sector, as well as useful information, guidance and resources. Please make sure you have subscribed to receive future editions.
An archive of previous editions can be found on the Sutton Care Hub.