Sutton Workforce Recruitment Fund – OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS!
Bid for funding of up to £3,000 to support providers to meet workforce recruitment challenges - deadline 4 February 2022
Across Sutton the social care workforce play a majority part in supporting Sutton residents to remain independent and safe. To meet demand we need to grow the adult social care workforce to provide more capacity and help us relieve pressures.
We have therefore launched a new £100,000 fund to:
- Support providers to maintain the provision of safe care and bolster capacity within providers to deliver more hours of care
- Support timely and safe discharge from hospital to where ongoing care and support is needed
- Support providers to prevent admission to hospital
- Enable timely new care provision in the community
- Support and boost retention of staff within social care
The emergence of a new and highly transmissible variant of COVID-19 has resulted in increased staffing shortages due to staff testing positive for COVID-19 or having to self-isolate. In addition, some people being discharged from hospital may require more complex or increased social care as they recover from COVID-19 and other illnesses.
To enable providers to meet these workforce challenges we are providing registered services with an opportunity to apply for extra funding to support recruitment initiatives. Funds between £500 – £3,000 can be awarded by 28 February 2022.
Examples of how this funding could be used:
- Website and social media content to market your service and vacancies
- Costs associated with recruitment such as assessment days, additional staff cover for interviews, purchasing recruitment materials, packages and tools.
- Recruitment events
- Recruitment marketing materials
- Bonus payments for new recruits
- Bonus payments for referred candidates
- Travel costs for interviews and other recruitment related travel
- Retention payments
- Increase scale of initiatives already in place
The above bullet points are ideas only; and the funding can be used for any activity linked to the recruitment of staff. However, the funding cannot be used for business as usual expenses such as PPE, DBS checks, staff wages and other activities already funded by the infection control and testing fund and other statutory funds.
How to apply funding
This funding must be used specifically for workforce capacity measures as set out above and cannot be used for any other purpose.
ALL FUNDING MUST BE SPENT BY 31 March 2022.
We will require evidence of expenditure and data on outcomes met.
To apply, please complete this application form by 4 February 2022.
If you have any questions in relation to this funding pot, please contact asc.providercomms@ sutton.gov.uk using the subject heading Workforce Capacity Funding Pot Application.