Adult social care: COVID-19 winter plan 2020 to 2021
The government's ambitions for the sector and the challenges facing adult social care this winter.
The government’s ambitions for the sector and the challenges facing adult social care this winter.
The Department of Health and Social Care have set out the key elements of national support available for the social care sector for winter 2020 to 2021, as well as the main actions to take for local authorities, NHS organisations, and social care providers, including in the voluntary and community sector.
Working together will ensure that high-quality, safe and timely care is provided to everyone who needs it, whilst protecting people who need care, their carers and the social care workforce from COVID-19.
Please review the guidance to understand the role, responsibilities and actions required of the NHS, the LAs, PHE and all providers and how it applies to your particular service.
The guidance contains information about:
- Additional £500 million up to March 2021
- Free PPE via PPE portal up to March 2021
- New Chief Nurse for Social Care
- CQC to strengthen monitoring and regulation role for IPC procedures
- Safe Premises – for positive residents and those awaiting results on discharge from hospital
- Updated guidance
- Testing capacity